01 June 2008

Meuller Park

On sunday afternoons we usually go and bug Grandma and Papa Hook (really it is just a ploy to eat popcorn and drink pop) but they don't seem to mind. Sadly, for us, they were out of town this weekend for their Great-Granddaughter's baby blessing. Knowing that, it is only a little sad for us...they were in a better place for a better reason than to fill my need to eat popcorn on Sunday night...not to mention I could make popcorn at home...but it tastes SOOOO much better when made in the "Popcorn Pan"!! (anyone who has had popcorn made in the popcorn pan will agree.)
OK, so that was a really long rambling on why we were sorta bored this afternoon. So we decide to Take a little drive and enjoy the fresh air, and to try to wear PG out so he will sleep better! :o) And with it being Sunday we are limited in out activity choices... So this is what we did!
I asked KJ to get some shorts for PG....I don't think a Mother would dress their child like this! KJ didn't seem to think there was a problem! YIKES! :o)
I got some matching shorts and KJ had to use the bathroom before we left, this was PG talking to Daddy through the crack of the door...it was funny!
Since we were driving past the cemetary anyway, we thought we would stop and say hello to KJ's brothers. Here is the current temporary marker for Phillip.

I had to take this, it was a peek at a really sweet moment with his brother's.
Then we headed up to a little place just above the Bountiful Temple called Meuller Park. We went for a "walk" (I wouldn't call it a hike, it sounded too hard! So it was just a "Walk") Here are the boys...walking along! It is nice when PG has a monkey on his back! He did so good, we walk (Slowly - at PG's pace - with stops for photo ops and passing dogs) for about 45 minutes up switch backs. It was very pleasant to be outside in the fresh air and hang out with the green!

We crossed a cute little creek and decided to take a family pic.
and PG had to take some time to make a splash or two! (Splashing in puddles is I fear all my fault...I LOVE to splash in puddles and I showed him how. I don't mind as long as he is not going somewhere where he is supposed to look nice...and not all wet and muddy)
It is so peaceful to be in nature and feel small and happy. There is a calm that comes from walking in nature. I need to do it more often! It has a tendency to make me slow down and enjoy what God has given to me! I have a great family (my little family and my big one) and I love them so much. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for EVERYTHING especially for His love and the love of my Savior. I love the Gospel and I am so grateful for the peace that it brings to me. Even if I can't go out doors to "think" I can always go to God in Prayer. There is great peace in that too! Thanks for everything!

1 comment:

Carina said...

Lucky! I'd love to live so close to beautiful scenery. Love sunday walks. Love "hikes" that are disguised as walks. Love puddles.