24 September 2008

open plane day....


So "open plane day" in NOT as COOL as "open cockpit day" but it is better than "standing beside the plane wishing you could get closer day"
In any case we take what we can get and it was PG's first open anything day.  

He didn't care for the laying down bit but he did love running around and looking at everything.  
He was especially happy that Papa came too.  Uncle Dave flew in and hung out with us for the day too.
This was the only one that you could actually sit in the cockpit of ... it was only a cessna but better than nothing right?  I think so!
here is the OLD time radar system console...I felt like I was in an underbudget sci-fi movie
technically speaking he wasn't supposed to go under the rope but it was funny!
Here is the bird worth seeing!  and touching for that matter...if only I could have sat in it too...but at least I could look with my hand and not just my eyes!
I think Dave was happy too! 

Even Mom and Papa made the hike up the stairs to check out the cockpit. 
 (you could look inside the plane but not sit inside it)
Here is Dave and I chillin'
Here is Papa with his favorite airplane...I believe it is the mustang!
All in all it was a good day!
We had fun looking at planes and being together with family!
Live is good! (especially with you combine family and planes all into one day!)

No comments: