10 December 2008

Little Blessings!


This week we will be once again traveling to ID for another funeral. This will be the 3rd on in KJ's family this year. And this is the one that is the saddest for me, (and KJ) I have never been close to my grandmothers, I have never known my grandfathers....so Grandma Pabst was the closest I have ever come. I got to meet Grandpa Pabst once before he died in Feb. j
ust after we got married. I really liked him.
All the years that I have gone to the family reunion in Rigby I have been accepted and loved by Grandma! (the only thing that could keep me from going to ID in July was Adara's impending birth...I was due two days after the reunion and Grandma told me that I BETTER not come or she would kick me!) That is how she was, energetic, full of life and oppinions! :o) She has made a big difference in my life and I am glad that I got her for a Grandma for the few years that I did. She taught me to laugh and it truely doesn't matter how old or feeble you may be/feel there is always something happy to be found. She did a lot of service for others and her hugs, smiles and humor were unparalleled! She was an amazing woman with a full life...
We will miss you Grandma!(this was in April - I think that face says it all!!) :0D

We are really glad that we were able to take the trip a few weeks ago to ID, we were able to see her and get pictures with the kids.
PG loved helping her sew...it was all about the pins but still I love the admiration in his eyes!
She saw Eric giving the kids rides...so she of course wanted a turn! She is always good for a laugh!
4 Generations of beautiful Pabst's
Happiness!!!!
We love you and will miss you tons Grandma.
We are happy for you and Grandpa but sad for us!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Thanks for the story. I needed a reminder that one can always find something to laugh about--even if it's only flamingos. Honestly, flamingos are ridiculous! ;) Sorry, tangent. Peoples' good examples always make the best reminders. :) Love you!