19 May 2008

Reminders of the past and memories for the future!

On Saturday we went to our ward picnic. It turned out to be the ideal place to be. We had so much fun. It was like being transported back to my youth and going to an Memorial Day Picnic at Beaver Valley. Some may not find that to be a pleasant memory but I always loved it!!! When I got older the picnics dwindled and the fun faded but the ones I remember from when I was young were fantastic....Just like this one. I think the reason I liked it so much was that it had lots of activities and very little structure. Just enough structure to make things happen but no pressure to join everything! But all were welcome in whatever you did decide to join. There was face painting, soccer, football, balloon animals, sidewalk chalk, cotton candy, snowcones, tons of food, friendly faces, and WATER! IT was GREAT! Jon didn't think we would stay that long but he got into it and we had to leave because PG was PASSED his naptime. PG loved it too...he got to run free for 3 hours....and he got a snow cone! Thanks for everything...it was great!here is the face painting...I did the boys and PG painted his other cheek (with water) while KJ did my flower.

This is the "truck" that PG found...one of the men was getting a little annoyed that he kept wanting to play with it. But it was fine in the end, he got a snow-cone!
I think he really enjoyed the cupcake!
KJ and PG after they got off the water-slide...Yummy dirt!
(the water-slide was a HUGE piece of plastic that they put on a hill and sprayed with a hose,
as people stood in line and took their turn for the thrill of their life...
ok maybe not their life, but most likely their day or week! - and yes I would have gone, had it not been a danger to my health, or the health of the unborn!) :o)
(I know I am sooooo dramatic!!!)
Here is the video of KJ going down the slide the first time. They had a contest to see who could go the furthest on the grass...He got the record in this video...it was short lived but he was proud! He wasn't so happy about the scratches on his chest from sliding on the grass...it was pretty hurty...if you notice in the above picture...he put his shirt back on!
He had a FANTASTIC time though!

4 comments:

Melissa said...

WHEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
So Jon, I hear you still have grass burn from that. Did you get a prize for braking the top score or did you only get bragging rights? hehehe.

Love you all!

Nathaniel said...

Isn't it an advantage to go last when everyone has already flattened the grass and gotten it all wet?

Anonymous said...

That was really fun Jon!!! Love Mother

Rodrigo Z. said...

hahahaha
reeeeeaally funny Jon!
the pabst family know how to have fun..
=D
and i loved the video..!
=D

Oh i have a question.. this is the same place that the guys from church let us to sledding? =D
love you all!
bye