08 May 2008

Faithful companion cube!

This past week was Mindy's birthday, so I once again was commissioned to make a cake. There is this video game called "Portal" where you are stuck in an Aperture Science Lab and you are told that if you successfully complete the psychology testing you will get cake. It is a puzzle game where you have a portal gun that you shoot at different walls to complete the boards. On one of the boards you are given a faithful companion cube that is used to help you beat the board. KJ and Dave have been very excited about this game recently and Mindy has started to play it too. So, Dave wanted Mindy to have a companion cube for a cake.


I can not tell a lie. I used 2 cake mixes and it still wasn't perfectly square like a cube should be so I used KJ's suggestion and made it look like it was going through a portal. I think it came out great! Happy Birthday Mindy!
At her birthday party we have a pinata. This I think was technically PG's 2nd pinata...but last year he was only 5 months old...this year he got to take a whack at it on his own!
Derek got to take a swing or two on his own too. Everyone got their chance and the birthday girl knocked it down first but no candy so, KJ made everyone happy by getting to the candy for us! :o)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Awesome cake! That is really cool it is going through a portal!

ok, I can't help it.
I have to ask... when my next birthday comes around will you make me a birthday cake??? (hopeful, pleading look. With hands clasped together in front of my nose in a praying position.)

LOVE YOU ALL!!!
~Missa

Anonymous said...

I showed Peter, and he said, "Oh my gosh, that is sooooo awesome! You have NO IDEA how awesome that is!!! It's a faithful companion cube! It's a faithful companion cube CAKE!!!"

It looks great! I've never played the game, but my boys all love it! You are absolutely the most amazingest ever!