17 February 2009

On my knees with a bib and a lobster fork....

So, this is how our Valentine's Day turned out....
It was Saturday morning and a HOLIDAY...I was going to start us off with some waffles....
Then I quickly realized that I was out of mix, no problem, I whipped out my handy dandy Betty Crocker Cookbook and set out to do it by scratch....BIG MISTAKE...now I am a good cook and I can even make bad recipes good sometimes, but this one tasted like FLOUR! and is was SOOOO runny...
Not to mention, one of our *$%#&* exchange students BROKE my waffle iron..."no problem, I make grilled cheese in these all the time at home" GRRRRR!!! (Apparently it didn't work so well in MY waffle iron) I have to say that I was amazed when it was put away...until I found out WHY they decided once and only once to be responsible and put it away...it was really him being UN-Responsible because he BROKE it!!! anyway...so after discoving this last week I had bought a new one and with the BAD batter in our new iron and it burned the middle and the outsides were still raw!! Needless to say breakfast wasn't working so well...
SO, Jon took us out to Denny's...YUMMY!
Then, he was going to take me to dinner, but Macey's had a sale on Lobster tail, so I went and got some Lobster tail and heart shaped tenderloin steak. SO, because we went out for Breakfast, I made dinner for him at home...This video was the first thing I thought of when I decided to attempt making Lobster....

it is a comercial for Frontier Airlines...it is my favorite one!

I had 4 tails so I tried 2 different methods...Broiled and steamed...steamed was KJ's favorite!
Looks scrumptious huh? (Lobster and asparagus)
(the ones with the skewers are the steamed ones and the other ones were broiled with butter,
sea salt and lemon.)
after our lovely dinner we went to the local rec. center and went swimming...
It was a very enjoyable day with my 3 favorite Valentines!!!! :o)

6 comments:

Betsy B said...

Ooh, ooh, ooh!!! I love that commercial! I think your dinner inspired me to try something new, like lobster. And I am truly sad about your waffle iron though. I use mine tons and I'd be ticked, but Denny's is good. Cute family!

Unknown said...

Wow, I completely forgot about that commercial!! It was so funny!! :) I miss you papoogah!!! :) Looks like you guys had a great day! :) Poor waffle iron! :(

Lu said...

I'm glad you were able to get some lobster tails. We did too, I just broiled mine, but I might have to try the steaming next time.

Blue Ribbon Family said...

Looks like fun!

I remember the first time you showed me that commercial... it is hilarious! hahaha

Can I have one guess as to which student that was? Maybe I am wrong, though! hahaha

The Sorensen Bunch said...

Check you out!! LOBSTER TAILS AND ALL!! OK and swimming when the wweather outside the windows looks COLD!! No fair--what a fun family you are!!!

April and Jared Fenn said...

I didn't know you had foreign exchange students. Is that fun? I'm sure it's lots of work. We missed you at Chalyse's baby shower. She had her baby two days ago. She's not doing so well and will be in the hospital for a week. Just thought I'd keep you updated. :)