08 August 2008

Yeah for Adara!!!

This morning at about 8:45 we started to be induced....Fortunately she was already on her way by then...we were only on Pitocin for about 1 1/2 hours to get contractions regular then they shut it off and sent us walking...we walked for a while then came back and I just wanted a nap....that of course didn't happen, despite my efforts! and at 1:18 pm (MST) Adara Rose Pabst entered the world and took her first breath! She is 9 lbs. 5 oz.
20 1/2 inches long
(same weight as Garen, only an inch shorter)

But her she is bright eyed and bushy tailed! I think she got the "Hook mouth" but looks a bit different than PG
She is like PG in that when she is cold or gets pricked or something she is very unhappy
but once she is wrapped back up...she is JUST fine!
Here is Daddy proud as can be of his new little girl!
She has a full head of BLONDE hair with blonde eyelashes and eyebrows to match!
She is very sweet and we are happy that she made it! She did great, and mom did too! :o)
Now it is time to master feeding! :o)

13 comments:

Amy said...

Yay Adara! Congratulations! She is soooooo beautiful! There are pictures when she looks just like Jon, and others where she looks just like Laura. I am SOOOO happy for you! Garen is going to love his new baby sister!

Amy said...

Oh, and she has the coolest birthday--08/08/08! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations--what a cutie!
And yes, that's an awesome birthday. (In my blog yesterday I said, "today would be a cool day to have a baby...")

Anyway, I'm so glad she (finally) ;) arrived safe and healthy.

Fike's Lives said...

Congrats sweetie, hope everything went well for you!!!

Lu said...

We are so happy for you! I'm glad you were able to have the kind of labor and delivery that you wanted and on the day you wanted :) She is beautiful!

Blue Ribbon Family said...

Congrats to you from us! I am so glad you had pictures up since we cant get into the hospital with our sicky kids... it seems almost like this just like this happen so we cant ever get together. *sigh*

We love you, and hope all goes well! And that you have many sleeping nights ahead!

Brad said...

Hey Laura & Jon,

Glad everything went well. That's cool you had an Olympic baby--we were hoping for one. Adara looks so cute--wow, she has really blond hair. :)

Anonymous said...

Laura Congratulation!Wow!she is pretty!and she got a nice name.I like the name you gave to her.Unique name and not common.Amy is correct the pictures looks like Jon,and others she loooks like Laura.Am happy for you Laura!You know,when I saw your drawing you posted on how would you feel when you labor it tickles me because your drawing looks cute and funny.Congrats!am excited to see her when she grows up and of course for P.G.

April and Jared Fenn said...

YEAH!! congrats on the new sweet baby! I'll be sure to let everyone know in the ward that you had your baby girl! Look for some meals starting on Monday. Take care!

Karen said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! She is beautiful!

Danna said...

I am glad you have a blog with reliable information, your brother tried to tell me she was 19 lbs! :) I love how boys listen! :) She is too cute, glad to hear you are good too. How is PG enjoying her?

Coby & Jill said...

So glad she finally arrived and on a "magical birthday"---8/8/08. Too bad she couldn't weigh in at 8 lb.s 8 oz. at 8:88 a.m./p.m. Maybe that's overkill!!
Glad she's here--no more waiting!

PS--- I think she looks like her mom!

Anonymous said...

She looks great, and we hope you are feeling great. I love her lips. Love the bow in the hair, and she is as blonde as Benjamin. I hope to talk to you soon, but back to business in PA. We really wish all congratulations, and take good care of my niece and nephew. -Golda-