03 February 2010

a really LONG update...

Instead of doing individual post for everything that is going on I decided to be somewhat lazy and to it all in one marathon post!
for starters...a little random fun...PD tickling PG...
you always warn the older ones that someday the "baby" will grow up! She had definately done that, and whatever brother does...she will do also - including "MINE" and hitting and yelling, and laughing!! (not all are bad, I guess)
We cleaned out the garage and I found our little tent. PG was SO excited and he actually slept in it for 2 weeks before he ripped it out of his room and made a HUGE mess...it got put away!
They found a roll of paper and thought it made a great chair. They are very funny. (PG put it there himself!)
To help with cabin fever we have "re-discovered" jumping jacks. PD wasn't too sure, but PG has now gone a 2nd time with Ransom and they played for 2 hours. It was great....if you want to come, just let me know! :o)
PD wanted to have her time in the tent too...she is so cute!
She sat and played on my itouch! She LOVES it! (PG does too!)
PG still loves his airport that Santa brought him, it is still the most loved toy!
We went to Logan for the day and I was helping PD out of the cart at a store, I was one handed so I was helping her up with one hand so I could grab her out of the cart...and I pulled her elbow out...it is a common childhood thing called "nurse maids elbow" after a nap and a very unhappy visit to the instacare they put it back in place and ended up splinting it because she wouldn't use it still.
So, she walked around all gimpy for a day or 2 and still no improvement, so back to another instacare for x-rays...they found nothing wrong but said give it a few more days and then take the brace off...so we did. Come thursday night (it happened on Saturday - so 5 days later) she STILL would SCREAM if you took the brace off or touched it or even looked at it wrong. She would move her elbow just fine but not her wrist and hand....so Friday we went to our Pediatrician, and got more x-rays...and still nothing. SO we kept the brace off and finally by sun/mon. she is using it again, normally...I guess she is overly sensitive to pain or too stubborn to forget what it felt like. :o)
I took Manda's kids for the morning while she went for her ultrasound and to keep them entertained we did some finger painting.
The boys were ALL about the MESS...PD was in on it too...
But poor Tahlia didn't want much to do with it. But they all had a great time! It was fun!
On their last full day here, the exchange students wanted to build a snowman. The snow was OLD so it was crusty and icy so KJ went out and helped them. They cut sections of snow out of the yard with a shovel and stacked them up and added all the assessories...He turned out CUTE!
His name is "Little Potato" (it is a funny joke with KJ and the boys....Little Potato is supposed to be in Portuguese but they never told me how to spell it...so you will have to figure that out on your own. :o)
Here they are...We are sad they are gone
Paulo, "Antigo" and "Luigi" - we will miss you!
(Just so you know, when we left the airport after dropping you off, the whole way home PG kept saying..."let's go back and get them, I don't want to miss them!" Good luck with everything you want to do in Life! Keep in touch!)
PD has discovered sitting in boxes...it is a favorite passed time these days! :o)
I told PG we were going to go get Ransom and go to Jumping Jacks but he had to be a good listener...and for some reason he turned into a good HELPER too...He put PD's shoes and Coat on for me! It was really cute. and when I took the pic, PD turned and said "Cheese!!"

Until next time....

2 comments:

K and K said...

Hi my friend! I miss you and think of you often. I am so excited to see your family growing and expanding :) Sorry I am not as good of a friend as I should be. BUT. . . I do love you tons! Katie Shea

Unknown said...

WOW! looks like you've been busy! :) When do we get to see some pretty pictures of your gorgeous pregnant self? :)

I sleep in your bed!!! :)