15 January 2010

Day of adventures....

We started our day REALLY early in the night....I was up on and off ALL night with PD. She was coughing and gagging, and not sleeping and having a hard time breathing. I did what I could - and held her and loved on her and gave her meds...but by 5am her croupy cough was so bad! She was starting to retract and panic because she couldn't breathe. We decided that the ER was our best bet...
So I got dressed and took her in! We went to the new Riverton hospital. The people were SO nice and calm. I am SO grateful for the spirit that I was able to be calm and level headed and rational! They gave her a breathing treatment, but it made it worse so they gave her a steroid and a different breathing treatment and that helped a lot. She had to have a chest X-Ray to rule out Pneumonia... she didn't really like that and to tell you the truth it was kind of hard to watch for me. She wasn't hurt just stuck! But she calmed right down and was GRATEFUL to get out of that silly contraption! We had to stay there for a few hours to make sure she didn't have any bad side effects from the steroids. So her and I took a nap. She was SUCH a champ! She was happy and cooperative. Everyone thought she was so cute. It was a pleasant experience...for what it was. It makes me happy that that is where the baby will be born. I feel like we will be well taken care of! :o)

Later that day I got to sit and cuddle with BOTH of my babies! PG was really good for Daddy at home, he was very calm, the idea of someone having to go to the hospital and "get a little poke" does not make him happy! He gets really nervous with the whole thing! So, he was HAPPY we were home!
This was actually taken a few days later, but this is the "Daddy Horse"
Sometimes the daddy horse crawls, but sometimes he runs! Either way the kids LOVE it!
Daddy horse, tag, hide and seek and flying/flipping are very common and most loved around here! :o) What a good Daddy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Robert had a chest x-ray a few weeks back and the contraption they put them in is really sad! I'm glad that she's ok! Breathing issues are NOT fun!