05 March 2009

CT...



we went to CT to visit with Dan's Family. His oldest son Riley got baptized. So the kids and I went out to be with them. It was a great trip. I had my taste of being a "single mom" with 2 kids on a airplane. Usually when I fly Mama and Papa are with me, but it was more economic to go my own way this time. So we did. I was able to maneuver 3 bags, 1 stroller, 2 carseats and 2 kids on my own through the security...on the plane, for a short stop in Cincinnati (we didn't have to change planes seats. but we were fortunate to get a row to our selves so PD could have a seat too.) Then we made our way to bagage claim and then to the rent-a-car bus. Once we had our car we were on our way...then we had to go back and find a place for PG to run around until Meema and Papa's flight got in. They got in and we were off to Naugatuck.
PD was an immediate "hit" with the little girls and even Jake was known to want his turn to hold and feed the baby! :o) It was really cute.
The next day Dan had to move the airplane (the G-3 that he flies for some rich guy!) from Oxford to New Haven for his day trip to florida the next day, so PG, PD and I got to take the shore but very cool 7 minute flight with Dan. (I got 10 minutes, since we had to circle before we could land) Then back to the house to hangout some more.
Sat. Donna, Sara, Kira and Ari came. Mom got a perm I got a hair cut and at this point there were 8 children staying at Dan's house. 6 of which were 3 and under. :o) Then Donna, Sara and Ari got to go to New Haven and come back on the plane to Oxford. :o)
Sunday was the big day for Riley. He did so good. :o) I am very happy for him and the choice he made to follow Heavenly Father and become a member of the Church. Congrats little Man!
After dinner Mom and Papa and I went back to Hartford and stayed in a hotel because there was a BIG storm coming. After lots of waiting for us we made it home. I am SOOOO GRATEFUL for the nice people that we met on the last plane that were willing to haul my sleeping children and my stuff off the airplane until I could get them situated with the stroller and Jon. They were so nice and helpful. (way more helpful than anyone from the airline! - to them I just had a loud little boy when she was trying to take a nap! ugh!!!) Thank you for all of your help.
It was a great trip but I am glad to be home! :o)

No comments: