16 September 2007

Strawberry Reservior


I LOVE MOOSE!!!
On our way to Strawberry I saw this moose taking a drink, we passed up then flipped a U-ey to go back and get pictures!

Did I mention that I love Moose?
These are the lovely spawning salmon that we went to see. I really like their red color...unfortunately for them, it means that they are going to die soon. But they are pretty. I guess there really is a bright side to everything! Every time I look at these pictures. I think of the Heywood Banks song about the day that the cartoon animals returned to their natural state. ... it is a funny song the chorus has this line...
"Smokey the bear is chockin' on a camper, Smokey the bear is chokin' on a camper..."
So that was the song that KJ and I kept singing and singing every time we saw him. I know it is bad...but kinda funny! :o)
Anyway this is Papa, Ashton, Ransom and Manda chillin' with Smokey!

Jon and Garen got their turn too! :o)

now this is a chinchilla, found in the mountains of Peru. She, Gizmo, was VERY soft. PG isn't sure what to think of things that he can pet yet. Notice his lovely outfit. He dropped his bottle upside down in his carseat and it leaked on his pants, so I put the only other pants on him that I had. they just happened to be pj bottoms. Jon kept laughing at how bad he looked, how mismatched...I will remember that for the next time that he dresses him! ;o)
We took a little drive around the reservoir. When the paved road ended, we decide to go to the shore to walk around then head back. We went out a dock and a family was using raw chicken legs on a string to catch crawdads. I was amazed. They clamp on and you just pull the string up and throw the thing in a bucket. This is John showing it to Ransom, who is trying hard to get his finger stuck...in it's pinchers. It was really cool. I learned yesterday that Crawdads are the freshwater, small version on a lobster. It is all so interesting!

These pictures are of Grandpa with the little boys. Ransom just grabbed his finger and was happy as a clam to be walking with grandpa. Garen was happy to have a ride and I was happy that grandpa had a hat on to protect his head! :o)

They sure love Grandpa! :o)




















On the way home we stopped at a restaurant called Dairy Keen - Home of the train!
notice the sign in the background...it says - Caution: rough ride, Use at your own risk! That is amusing! at least to us it was!
We headed back after that, made a quick stop at the Park City Outlets...I got 5 tee-shirts, a church shirt, a sweater and matching hat, and 2 pair of pants. all for under $40! That was good stuff! I have Garen outfited again for the next few months! :o)

1 comment:

Danna said...

We use to catch crawdads with chunks of hot dogs! Riley would love that!