05 April 2011

preparedness...

There is something very empowering about being "self reliant"...I have learned that I LOVE having what I NEED and if I don't have what I want I love having what I need to make it myself.

In all reality we don't deal with HUGE catastrophes very often, and when they come about it will be nice to be prepared and know what to do with what you have!
The more common problems I am faced with are those of SUNDAY DINNER...you know when you didn't decide what you wanted or you thought you had an ingredient and WA-LAH...it's not there in the cupboard, fridge, freezer.....etc....
But having BULK food storage and the lovely INTERNET as a recipe resource I CAN DO ANYTHING!!! :o)
FOR instance.....
I was planning to make chicken enchilada's for dinner one Sunday only to find that I didn't have enough tortillas. so I went to the computer, Googled a good recipe...then dug the ingredients out of the pantry...BEHOLD - a dough ball!
2. a very EXCELLENT circle roller-outer! (working at Litza's Pizza has paid off more than once! :o)
3 brown the dough circles...
4 roll the enchiladas....YUMMY!!!
Did I mention I LOVE being prepared! I love that I can do whatever I WANT!

(another ex. was another Sunday I was out of dish washer detergent so I Googled a recipe to make my own, and I whipped some up and we have been using homemade ever since! :o))

No comments: