02 April 2010

Renia Mae

I went into IMC hospital for the post-dates non-stress testing to make sure that the baby was doing well being 8 days overdue. The test found that there was no fluid in the placenta anymore but the baby was still doing fine. So they let me drive over to Riverton (where I was supposed to deliver.) I got to Riverton around 12:30, KJ came over from work and got there about 12:50. They were all helping with another delivery....so we sat around and waited. They got us all checked in and started the pitocin about 2:30....it was SLOW going from there. I didn't start laboring for a while. About 6-6:30pm the contractions were regulated. but with little progression. About 9-9:30 I could tell I was starting to transition....so they put a probe on her head to monitor heartrate at 10:10...and that was enough to get things finished up... 4 pushes and 17 minutes later she was here!
This is our little april fools day baby! Because there was no fluid she had a LOT of mucus in her lungs and stuff, so she is on O2 and they are trying to get her to breathe deeper to keep her O2 levels where they need to be.
So, she is all hooked up and I just wish I could hold her....:o(
Our new little one! We are happy you are here and are excited to get to know you better!
Renia Mae
8 lbs. 13 Oz.
21 1/4" long
10:24 pm - 04-01-2010!!

4 comments:

Katie Shea said...

OH Laura!!!!!!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!! I am so happy for you! You look great! So do you Jon! Love to all of you! Hope all goes well and she is off the O2 soon. Love you! & Miss you! Katie Shea

April Fenn said...

yippee! Congrats to you and your cute family. :)

Natalie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I won't lie - I'm a bit envious right now. Those first 6 weeks are so sacred with a newborn.

I'm so happy for your family, please tell Jon CONGRATS from Natalie. :)

I must say - he really married someone incredible. That cake was most impressive, and then to birth a nearly 9lb baby shortly after!... amazing. :)

Lu said...

congrats! we are happy for you!