07 February 2008

To PA and Beyond!

PG and I went to PA this past weekend, we went to see Ethan's new baby Mark be blessed. We flew from here to Denver then to Caton, OH then drove to Butler, PA.
Here is Great Grandma lovin' in baby Mark, she kissed him and he smiled
it was very sweet.
PG's turn.
We stayed with Donna. It took PG a few days to adjust but he managed ok. He liked to play with Kira, who is 8 days younger than him. (and 4 inches shorter!) (not that that is a huge surprise!)
The kids introduced Papa to U-Tube and Jeff Dunham with Achmed!
it is pretty funny!

When I was a teenager I was a nanny for Donna for about 2 years. One year at Valentine's time I was sad that I didn't have a Valentine. So I asked Ethan if he would be my valentine. (He was 12) We decided that we would always be one another's valentine - no matter how old we got and if we were married and had kids etc...well, since that year, all of Donna's kids have joined in the fun. so, for the last 12 years I have at least 5 (now 7) Valentine's - In addition to My Sweetheart! Anyway, while I was in PA, We did Valentine's Day early with the kids.

All the time Jon was home by his onesies....but We have a Valentine tradition too...When we were dating I did the 14 Days of Valentine's Day. He gets to open 1 present everyday of Feb. until Valentine's. So even though he was by himself, PG and I left him a present a day while we were gone! It helped...I think!

It took PG a few days to settle being "on the road" but by the end he was playing and having a great time!
GRR! Playing with Uncle Jody!
I told you he was comfortable and having a great time!
Even being helpful!!
While we were there Ben turned 4! happy birthday Benjamin!

We tried to come home Monday night but the airport was too foggy for the airplane to land, so our homecoming was postponed...
PG got to play with his friend a little longer.
Sara has a little girl that is the same age as PG. They were sooo cute together!
Here is Boo giving PG lovin's,
He just laid there on the floor and enjoyed the attention.
Even when she just hugged his head. They were soooo cute!
It worked out though, coming back later, On Tuesday morning we went to Pittsburgh to see an old friend of mine. Then on our way to the airport we drove by my old house and eat ice cream from Brusters! YUMMY!
Here is a picture of the city as we headed out...I love that skyline!!!!
Here is PG in the Fort Pitt Tunnel...I think he is too young to hold his breath!
Oh well, it seems that I wasn't too old to though! :o)


While we waited for the plane PG wanted to explore Grandma's purse so he ended up with lipstick! :o)I know we don't have a lot of Granddaughters in the family but we don't need to pretend that we have more, Grandma! :o) j/k...pucker up!
So we finally made it home a day late and a few dollars poorer. But it is GREAT to be Home!! Right Jon? :o)

Last but not least...if you didn't already know...this is the future for our family.
This is what I will look like in Aug. :o)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Yeah for announcing!! I will be so ecstatic for a quasi-niece. Love you!

Bettie said...

Congratulations on the new baby! I can't hardly believe that I was the first to know last time...since I was staying at your house that day. How fun! I miss you guys.