20 November 2009

Trip to MN

My Aunt Dorothy died last week so the kids and I took a little trip to Minnesota. We were able to travel with Papa and Grandma. PG was SOOOO happy to fly on a plane again. He giggled and had SO much fun. Of course the potty scared him, good thing we took lots of pull-ups for him to travel in. Right after we took off in SLC we hit some rough air and PG just giggled which made PD laugh and then he said "that pilot is a crazy driver!" even the people behind us giggled!
Once we finally arrived in MN we got a baggage cart and loaded everything on, including PG. It was really funny. I think we got our $4 worth for sure!

We spent our time at the farm. The kids enjoyed the open spaces and tractors.
I love this pic. PG is looking into an old chicken coup.
And the tractor!
PG is funny. He LOVES things like tractors and firetrucks and cockpits until he gets up close and realizes that they are really big and he chickens out of looking around. But Once I got up and pulled PD up with me, he thought maybe it would be ok...
then he thought it was ok to sit by himself, and he was fine until Papa tried to start them up and that made him a little nervous again. :o)
It was a so pretty out there, even in the late fall/winter of MN
PD was playing with the plants and PD was playing in the dirt. They enjoyed the time to play.My cousin's son Michael showed PG how to drive his RC car...then he turned the controls over and let him drive. It was cute to see him playing with PG.
Here is the head stone marker...4 deaths in 1 family in 5 years...crazy (3 are in this pic and Dorothy's son is buried next to them.)
This is my cousin that I have always been good friends with, Kelly. She said she is going to come out to UT and visit...I can't wait!
My mom and her little brother, George. :o) I LOVE the smiles!
After it was all over we all just sat around and gabbed! It was nice to be with family, that I haven't seen in YEARS!! Including my Grandma. It was cool to introduce my kids to their great-grandmother.
PD thought Uncle Georges shoes were fabulous!
Then it was time to come home. PG started potty training before we went on this little trip and he did REALLY well. We had to find bathrooms EVERYWHERE but I am very proud of him!
We had a few short nights so sleep was in order for the ride home. PG sat next to Aunt Joy and talked her ear off for hours! It was really CUTE!
I thought this veiw of Mt. Timpanogos above the clouds on our decent back into SLC was totally COOL!!
Here is me and my boy...FLYING!!! I love my family and I LOVE to FLY!!!

1 comment:

Blue Ribbon Family said...

I love those pictures of the kids on the farm and on the tractor! haha :)